Monday, November 3, 2008

Hershey Park, A Sweet Place to Christmas

If you are lucky enough to live in the Pennsylvania area or will be traveling to it for Christmas, you might want to spend some holiday time at Hershey Park. I am a fan of driving around neighborhoods to see the light displays but I was spoiled because I grew up in the San Fernando Valley. Those movie people know how to decorate a house for Christmas!

A trip to the Star Light hills is not in the cards for me this year. I wonder do they still decorate as a community. But Christmas in Hershey Park may be even better. They have a 2 mile drive through with over 600 animated, lighted displays. And that is just the beginning.

Candy Lane caters to guest of all ages. Attractions include rides, characters and of course, Santa and his reindeer. One restaurant features breakfast with Santa and Mrs. Claus and all their friends. There are theater productions and even a dinner theater event.

You can also buy a combo ticket for Hershey and Dutch Wonderland which is not too far away. Dutch Wonderland caters more to children and their holiday celebration is also geared towards families and kids. I have been to both parks during the regular seasons. Both parks are family friendly and do a great job with any attraction they put on. So if it were me, I think I would limit my visit to one park or the other. Two parks may be overkill on a family unless you live in the area and can space the visit’s a bit.

No comments: